[Inpycon] Reg PyCon India 2018

naren yellavula naren.yellavula at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 02:39:37 EDT 2018

Hi,

I completely agree with Ramanathan. A venue plays a key role in drawing
professionals who drive the economic aspect of the conference. As a
Hyderabadi, I can assure you engineering colleges are very far from the
city[with few exceptions]. CMR is 28KM from Kacheguda(actual city) and 21KM
from Secunderabad. HICC is a bit closer venue within the city. It also
surrounded by Gachibowli and Hitech City where many software professionals
work and live. Commuting too is very easy. If cost needs to be well
managed, IIIT (Hyderabad) could be a better option for the City's next
turn.

Cheers,
Naren.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 10:43 AM, Ramanathan Ramakrishnamoorthy <
ramanathanhari at gmail.com> wrote:

> @quanon - Thank you for your support and opinions. Location is a primary
> ingredient in a conference - it took a lot of effort & time from all of us
> to finalize because it drives other decisions like conference tracks,
> ticket pricing, sponsorship details & other aspects. Once a location is
> finalized, revisiting it would start the process all over again & will put
> us back 4 weeks time.
>
> Looking forward to seeing you at the conference.
>
> Best,
> Ramanathan.
>

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 2:20 AM, qua non <akshayaurora at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Replies inline below,
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 7:37 PM, Ramanathan Ramakrishnamoorthy <
>> ramanathanhari at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The search for Venue has been happening for almost a month and a half,
>>> and we had multiple parameters to fit in.
>>>
>>> 1. Make sure working population can make to the conference in good
>>> numbers.  Almost 85-90% of working people in Hyderabad is based out of
>>> Hitech city and around and proximity to them was considered important.
>>>

>> PyCon India is a national event, convenience to majority people from all
>> over India should be catered to, right?
>>

>>> 2. Make sure enough number of hotels and hangout places are available
>>> near the venue for people traveling from outside of Hyderabad.
>>>
>> 3. Keep the ticket pricing affordable for everyone while giving good
>>> discounts to students.
>>> 4. Be able to conduct the workshops on a weekday and have the scheduled
>>> classes (in case it is a college) undisturbed.
>>> 5. Have parallel sessions halls nearby and not far away from the main
>>> hall.
>>> 6. Have sufficient place for impromptu open spaces and unconference