[Inpycon] CFP/Session workgroup Meeting minutes | 20180412

Ramanathan Ramakrishnamoorthy ramanathanhari at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 07:48:29 EDT 2018

Hello All,

We had our first CFP/sessions workgroup meeting on Thursday, April 12, 2018.

Attendees: Anand C, Navin, Joinal, Vijay Kumar, T K Saurabh, Chirag,
Ramanathan.

 - Jaidev was not able to attend due to some prior commitment at his office
and had informed that offline.

*Minutes:*
1. A mutual introduction among the members was done.

2. An update on the confirmed Keynote Speakers was discussed.
      - Based on suggestions on mail and other channels, we reached out to
multiple Keynote speakers and have gotten confirmation from the following
speakers:
          a. Travis Oliphant
          b. Armin Ronacher
          c. Carol WIlling

3. It was decided to go with 4 Keynote speaker.  A proposal was floated for
6 Keynote speakers. However, a majority of the workgroup felt 6 was heavy
and 4 is reasonable. It was decided to go with 4 Keynote speaker as a
unanimous decision.

4. Proposals for the fourth Keynote speaker from India were discussed.  The
following names came up as proposals.  (I will follow up this on the
Keynote suggestion mail thread).
- Sidu Ponnappa
- Rishabh Mehta
- Anand S
- Professor Janakiraman from IIIT
- Dhanunjaya Neni

5. It was decided not to have any other invited speakers apart from
Keynotes and go via selections from CFP for all non-Keynote sessions.

6. The second hall in the venue can hold up to 220-240 people.  Anand C
mentioned it might not be sufficient and if there are ways to make it
bigger.  The local logistics team will work on this with the venue partner
and see how this can be dealt with.

7. It was decided to have Whatsapp as the primary form of quick
communication within the workgroup.  All discussion points and decisions
taken in the meeting will be published to the wider audience via e-mail.

8. It was decided to have a weekly recurring meeting on Thursday 9 PM IST.
The agenda would be published at least a day before the meeting.  The
meeting will happen in [1].  Anybody interested can feel free to join the
meeting.

9. Next week's primary points of discussion would be on themes and
structures of the conference in terms of tracks and talks.

[1]  https://hangouts.google.com/call/4voxuNI20vnb7WZTLYoRAAEM

Best,
Ramanathan.