[Inpycon] Call for Volunteers | PyCon India 2018

Chirag Choudhary chirag200666 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 17:15:21 EDT 2018

Hi Everybody

It's that time of the year again! The excitement amongst many of us have
been rising regarding our beloved conference & call for volunteers is
finally here.

As you know PyCon India is a community event. Here each and every task is
done by a volunteer. And here is the opportunity for You to be a part of
the community.

But before you register to volunteer, there are few things you should be
aware of:

   - Volunteering takes time and effort, sometimes a lot of it. For online
   activities like handling social networks or handling registrations etc take
   a lot of time. And sometimes rapid decisions have to be made. So if you're
   volunteering, make sure you have the time. If you're unavailable at a
   certain time period of the day, let us know beforehand.
   - If you're volunteering for offline activities e.g. on spot
   registration or settings up stages or handling video recording, anything
   that has to be done on the venue during the event, there is a good chance
   that you won't be able to attend the sessions you just registered for. If
   someone needs you, you have to be there.
   - Volunteering is not a free way into the event. At PyCon India,
   everybody buys tickets. Even the event organizers buy tickets. We volunteer
   because we love Python and PyCon, and want the event to be awesome.
   - Volunteers are the most important part of the event. Without the
   volunteers, the event cannot happen. So even if you are attending PyCon for
   the first time, we encourage you to volunteer with whatever you can. If you
   don't want to miss any sessions, then volunteer for smaller tasks.

If you're interested in volunteering, fill up this google form:
Please don't subscribe to the daily digest. Digests are always behind the
time and meant for those who just want to stay updated and not participate
in conversations. If you're already subscribed to the mailing list, go
ahead, login and change your subscription type. Also, please don't reply to
a digest.

As many of you might know we are incorporating workgroup structure this
year which will take responsibility for getting things done for various
teams of PyCon India 2018. Here is the brief again:

*Workgroup* - Core group of people responsible for the execution of tasks
mandated for a given team. The workgroup is also responsible for setting
guidelines on the team's working. The workgroup formation was announced
recently here:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2018-April/011914.html

*Volunteers* - The workgroup along with the volunteers execute the various
tasks in the shape and form as agreed within the workgroup. Each Volunteer
team will consist of people from the Workgroup who will assign tasks and
manage the group.

To ease the communication between different volunteer teams, we have
decided to use Discord as our chat platform this year. Discord is free to
use chat platform & is quite popular in the open source community.
Invitation to the discord channels will be sent to you soon after you fill
the volunteer form.

Looking forward to your contribution to the conference. :)

Thanks & Regards
Chirag