[Inpycon] Fwd: Reg PyCon India 2018

Ramanathan Ramakrishnamoorthy ramanathanhari at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 14:07:08 EDT 2018

Hi Vanitha,

Sorry for top posting. I would like to clarify certain things.

1. The misunderstanding that you have about the 4000 per ticket is totally
incorrect.  The price of conference + dev sprint will be at a "max"
possible cost of 4000.  The conference regular ticket will not be more than
2000 rupees - there are good chances it will be less.  There are going to
be student and early bird discounts on this price.  This was also mentioned
earlier in the mailing list.  Intentionally, I am not going to point out
where it is.  If you are so concerned about the information shared on the
mailing list, you should have seen it.

2. We have requested you multiple times to be part of some workgroup.  You
were ready to be part of core group when it was in Bangalore and you cited
bandwidth reasons and denied to be in workgroup when it is in Hyderabad.
Yes, it is absolutely your personal choice and we respect it.  But this
difference in your outlook on the time you can spend for PyCon India with
the venue shift doesn't add up very well.

3. Lastly, your personal remarks on Mani are quite disheartening. He has
always been a source of inspiration for many (including me) in HydPy and
has always been a great listener.  I have never seen him shut down people.
And even in your case, he was responding will all respect.  Not sure if you
have worked with him earlier.  If not, your viewpoint will change if you
start - Try taking up a seat in the workgroup.