[Inpycon] gaming sponsorship (Was: Re: Reg PyCon India 2018)

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 10:21:01 EDT 2018

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 6:57 PM, Vanitha Shanmugam <vani.pree at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Anand,
>
> On 16 April 2018 at 12:57, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 9:08 PM, Vanitha Shanmugam <vani.pree at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>>    1. Diamond and A la carte sponsorships are removed.
>>>    2. For 2 days conference with 1000 participants, the sponsorship
>>>    cost seems high for Platinum and Gold.
>>>    3. Logo on the t-shirt for Platinum? How would this be handled if we
>>>    get say 3 sponsors with just 2 sleeves? There is a tweet (
>>>    https://twitter.com/anandology/status/983238586781716480
>>>    <https://twitter.com/anandology/status/983238586781716480>) on this
>>>    which could have been avoided if they have provided an opportunity to
>>>    discuss here.
>>>    4. Platinum sponsors slot is more than half the amount of Gold
>>>    sponsors with more or less equal benefits.
>>>    5. Associate sponsors pay 50,000 and get 6 free passes (24000
>>>    registration cost if we go with 4000 per person) which is equal to Gold.
>>>
>>> I have many more concerns.
>>> I presume that this document was updated by sponsorship work group. It
>>> seems to me that the sponsorship document was influenced by someone who
>>> wants to be an associate sponsor for PyCon India this year as the cost for
>>> Associate sponsor was reduced from 1L to 50,000 and additional benefits are
>>> provided for less price if I compare this with the original document
>>> prepared by Bangalore team earlier.
>>>

>> Yet another baseless allegation and clearly targeted at me. I was the
>> only one who suggested that Associate sponsorship slab should be less many
>> times in the mailing list and there were no other associate sponsor other
>> than Pipal Academy, which I run, in last 2 years.
>>

> Its really sad to see that you took everything on yourself.
> My assumption was that sponsorship work group worked on updating the
> sponsorship prospectus and I know that you were not part of that work group
> as the list was already shared in mailing list. Since Associate sponsorship
> slot was provided with more benefits for less price, i just made that
> comment unintentionally. I have no idea what made you think that you were
> the target.

Not sure how once can interpret this: "It seems to me that the sponsorship
document was influenced by someone who wants to be an associate sponsor for
PyCon India this year as the cost for Associate sponsor was reduced from 1L
to 50,000"

There was no one other than Pipal Academy interested in Associate
sponsorship in last 3 years and I'm not sure if anyone else will.

" i just made that comment unintentionally ... Am not engaging with this
discussion anymore"

Very good. That is a very nice way to end the conversation!