[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 13:21:02 EST 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:02 PM, Shashank Kumar <
shashankkumarkushwaha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I've been volunteering for PyCon India for last 3 years. It has been
> amazing journey to work with Open Source projects.
> I recently realized that that Python India community is working a bit
> differently than other FOSS groups/communities.
> After years of hard-work in PyCon India, today I got my access removed
> from the repositories (Please note I didn't voluntarily gave up on it,
> neither I mis-behaved with anyone nor have I been inactive [0][1]). What
> I did was to simply review a PR. And I got this reply: [2]
> Now this makes me really curious about the process of volunteering and
> being an open community.
>
> Can someone please shed some light on the process? May be I'm not aware
> of it.

Firstly Thanks for bringing this up.
The point is you were not involved in any discussion and you were reviewing
things without knowing anything about it .
Why act like you are reviewer when you were not involved ?
Is that open source volunteering?

> --
Thanks,
Vijay