[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Fri Jan 12 14:37:47 EST 2018

On Sat, Jan 13 2018, vijay kumar wrote:

[...]

> Read complete context  I have *requested* him to stop reviewing it.
>
> We want contributions from everyone but at the same we want them to
> understand things they do and ask question if required to have
> complete knwoledge.  We have been requesting for volunteer to help
> with content .  I am not sure why he never replied that he want to
> contribute?

I call absolute bullshit on this.

No one has to "raise their hands" in some place to be approved before
contributing to a project.

An actual contribution on a pull request from someone who has
contributed in the past is more valuable than some "reply saying that he
wants to contribute".

> Request everyone lets put energy to making PyCon India great event as
> it 10th year celerbation.

I'm sorry to say that if this is the way you're planning to encourage
people, it's going to take a LOT of energy just to blow away all the bad
vibes.

[...]

--
Cordially,