[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Anuvrat Parashar anuvrat at anuvrat.in
Fri Jan 12 15:27:54 EST 2018

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:34 AM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:36 AM, Noufal Ibrahim KV <noufal at nibrahim.net.in
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jan 13 2018, Peeyush Aggarwal wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > What happened was on the part of the community. Being a member of the
>> > same ( in whatever capacity, as I am not sure if my name is there on
>> > that important list) I tender my apologies to Shashank for the misdeed
>> > that happen.
>>
>> I consider myself part of the "community" and I, in no way, want to be
>> associated with this kind of behaviour.
>>
>> "The community" didn't reply to that PR. Vijay did. Given his
>> oft-repeated claims that he works for the aforesaid community, IMNSHO he
>> owes Shashank an apology.
>>
> Noufal, This is uncalled for.
> Can you expalin diffeence between review and approve?
> Did you check if it was just review ?

Doesn't matter if it was a an approval.

You do not tread people like this even if they crash the production server.

That is, if you want the team to continue working with you.

>> A non-professional conference needs more volunteers in all
>> capacities. Not rules and regulations to exclude people and rude
>> gatekeepers to shoo off potential contributors.
>>
>> I never did and that not how i work.
> PyCon India 2013 -2015 is example of how many volunteers work and how they
> happily contribute even today.
> I don't need to prove anyone anything.

And that gives you the right to treat the volunteers like slaves?

You have a very wrong idea of community.

I would never have returned had someone treated me like this, when I
started.

Anuvrat Parashar <http://anuvrat.in>
http://anuvrat.in