[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Peeyush Aggarwal peeyushaggarwal94 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 15:47:13 EST 2018

On 13-Jan-2018 2:11 AM, "vijay kumar" <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:55 AM, Bibhas Ch Debnath <me at bibhas.in> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:39 AM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:29 AM, Bibhas Ch Debnath <me at bibhas.in> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Vijay,

>>> Did you read any of the mails sent by others in this thread?
>>>
>> First discusison happendin in Meeting , MOM had been published in mailing
>> list.
>> Next steps volunteer take based on thier comfort communication channel as
>> it basically 1:1 discussions mainly.
>>

> Where is this documented? How would anyone starting to contribute now,
> know the history of conversation? Ask all previous volunteers for their 1:1
> conversation log? That really doesn't seem like an open discussion to me.

Do we maintain log of each discussion done offline . Which year was it done
?

If the offline discussion or meeting is has any necessary info that
community needs to know, I personally sent all the minutes of meeting with
IMPORTANT INFO in it over the mailing list.

One of the volunteer wrote email on volunteering and gave reference to this
blog : https://in.pycon.org/blog/2015/volunteering-for-pycon-india-2015.html
Hope that answer you.

It answers none of the issues and concerns raised about the harsh and
immature decision taken.

> And Shashank said he's been contributing for 3 years now, that doesn't
> qualify him to write LGTM on a blog post? Writing LGTM got him this comment?
> - "I don't think you are part of volunteering Team for this year so please
> stop reviewing it."
>

> There are people in IRC *right now* saying that they're afraid of
> reviewing further PRs. Do you see what you did wrong?

I corrected wrong thing.

It's only you who thinks that right now. As you always say

Let the community decide.