[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Peeyush Aggarwal peeyushaggarwal94 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 16:27:39 EST 2018

On 13-Jan-2018 2:52 AM, "vijay kumar" <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 2:18 AM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 2:13 AM, Noufal Ibrahim KV <noufal at nibrahim.net.in
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jan 13 2018, vijay kumar wrote:
>>

>> [...]
>>
>> > Its not correct from any point to approve PR.
>>
>> Stop beating around the bush and answer my question Vijay. What damage
>> did he do other than not respond to your call for volunteers.
>>

> Did i say ever he did damage ? He just did wrong thing that it.
>

>> > Even today if he didn't had complete information he could asked in
>> > review comments and someone would have helped him.  Probably , I could
>> > have reponded better and will fix it. but this was 2 PR in last 30
>> > days he approved without complete information.
>>
>> And how did this damage the conference?
>>
>> > I personaly support everyone reviewing that why I have always
>>
>> No you don't. You explicitly told him to "please stop reviewing it."
>>
>> > requested everyone to review each documents and ask every volunteer to
>> > communiucate on mailing list as much as possible.
>>
>> If you're a big proponent of that, where is the discussion on the how to
>> be a volunteer and what qualifications they need to have on the list
>> archives? Where are the guidelines publicly posted? Can you point to a
>> public archive of the rule which he violated by reviewing/approving that
>> PR? What gives you the right to shoo him away for genuinely
>> contributing?
>>
>> Look, I know how much work you've done for the event and I think I speak
>> for everyone on the list saying that you're a valued member of the
>> community.
>>

> I am stil same.
>

>> You made a mistake now and instead of doubling down and messing things
>> up, you should just admit to it, apologise to Shashank publicly and move
>> forward.
>>

> I pointed out wrong things that it from my side.
> You also have seen he approved it.

Let me conclude from my side. I am not gone respond anymore on this thread .
I am not getting in proving anyone and i don't enforcing any community
member for anything.
I have proven enough and i will contribute to community way i can. That it.

This tempt to ask me where did below discussion happend

1) PyCon India allowed hackathon for profit making orgnaisation
2) T-shirt of PyCon India had Tensflow logo ?

It's too late for you to point this out. If that was not in lines with the
guidelines, it has to be raised then and there.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Even I won't be proceeding further with this thread as there is no point
banging my head against the wall.

I haven't seen even MOM?

Did anyone discussion on Pro and cons of above thing done ?

--
Thanks,
Vijay