[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 16:38:44 EST 2018

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 2:57 AM, Peeyush Aggarwal <
peeyushaggarwal94 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13-Jan-2018 2:52 AM, "vijay kumar" <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 2:18 AM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 2:13 AM, Noufal Ibrahim KV <
>> noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, Jan 13 2018, vijay kumar wrote:
>>>

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Stop beating around the bush and answer my question Vijay. What damage
>>> did he do other than not respond to your call for volunteers.
>>>

>> Did i say ever he did damage ? He just did wrong thing that it.

>>> And how did this damage the conference?

>>> No you don't. You explicitly told him to "please stop reviewing it."

>>> If you're a big proponent of that, where is the discussion on the how to
>>> be a volunteer and what qualifications they need to have on the list
>>> archives? Where are the guidelines publicly posted? Can you point to a
>>> public archive of the rule which he violated by reviewing/approving that
>>> PR? What gives you the right to shoo him away for genuinely
>>> contributing?
>>>
>>> Look, I know how much work you've done for the event and I think I speak
>>> for everyone on the list saying that you're a valued member of the
>>> community.
>>>

>> I am stil same.
>>

>>> You made a mistake now and instead of doubling down and messing things
>>> up, you should just admit to it, apologise to Shashank publicly and move
>>> forward.
>>>

>> I pointed out wrong things that it from my side.
>> You also have seen he approved it.
>>

> Let me conclude from my side. I am not gone respond anymore on this thread
> .
> I am not getting in proving anyone and i don't enforcing any community
> member for anything.
> I have proven enough and i will contribute to community way i can. That it.
>
> This tempt to ask me where did below discussion happend
>
> 1) PyCon India allowed hackathon for profit making orgnaisation
> 2) T-shirt of PyCon India had Tensflow logo ?
>

> It's too late for you to point this out.

I pointed our at right time but i was asked not to make it publicy by
senior members of community as it would impacted PyCon India 2017.
I respected thing and volunteers.
Nothing is late.

> If that was not in lines with the guidelines, it has to be raised then and
> there.

Please ask core volunteering team members . Was it not raised ?

> Two wrongs don't make a right.
>
> Even I won't be proceeding further with this thread as there is no point
> banging my head against the wall.

Thanks

--
Thanks,