[Inpycon] Stepping down from the PyCon India 2018 core team

Aniket Maithani maithani.aniket at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 14:59:19 EST 2018

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 1:14 AM, Balachandran Sivakumar <
benignbala at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 12:35 AM, chandan kumar
> <chandankumar.093047 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Anand Chitipothu, Noufal Ibrahim, Anand Pillai, Bibhas and  the
> > other members of the community,
> >
> > decentralized way of working in the year 2014 and 2015.  He always
> encouraged
> > each volunteer to understand and take the responsibility to own the task
> end to
> > end, provided confidence and made them comfortable.
> >

>         Until that distasteful/impolite github comment...
>

> > The job of core team was to support volunteers on a need basis.
> >
> > Under the leadership of Vijay during PyCon India 2015, we had taken
> PyCon India
> > one step above and all the participants, from sponsors till attendees had
> > something to appreciate in the event. I don't think anyone can deny that
> PyCon
> > India 2015 was one of the best conferences to date. Here you can find the
>
>     We all agree that he has made great contributions in the past. No
> one refuted that. But past achievements do not automatically make
> someone exempt from criticisms. This current call for apology is for
> what happened in the last few days and the response that he has given
> in that specific thread.
>

> > the mailing list, in 2017 edition all the discussions were taken offline
> > through Telegram groups. Were those Telegram groups more trustworthy and
> > transparent than this year team? All the decisions were taken by a
> particular

Hi Chandan,

I hope you remember me as the volunteer who always *"joke" *around during
the conference. The point which you have raised is quite critical that
while most of the discussions were taken onto the Telegram group, I believe
we need to focus on the current thread and not deviate from the topic. As I
wrote in my previous email on the epic "100+ long" email thread that we
should not make it* A vs B*. The past is gone!  All we need to do now is
think about what all we can learn from the same.

I don't know if ever I have seen EMOTIONS on this mailing list but I am
going to pour some of them now. I completely respect each and every
volunteer who works for PyCon India. My first Pycon was Pycon 2014. Funnily
enough I would say my ticket was booked by "XYZ" and my flight ticket was
booked by "ABC" and that how I landed in Bengaluru for the very first time.

I can get your frustration and things which are happening around. But let
me tell you and for the matter [others who are in the mailing list] that
this all *NOISE. *As people say "IN THE LONG RUN, NONE OF THIS WOULD
MATTER" . What actually matter is the fact that we did some epic stuff e.g
like running a conference.

For most of the people Pycon India is just not only a conference, it's more
like GEEKY HOLIDAY BONANZA for them. I am not being nostalgic but it's
quite sad to see that everyone is leaving because of "X" , "Y" and "Z" .
And to be honest both of the things "PR ACCEPTANCE ISSUE" and "PUTTING YOUR
PAPERS DOWN" are completely unrelated thing.

I mean for me it's more like : [SARCASM] :

*mera bat hai, main out! toh main ghar ja *

I don't know if you remember this or not but you only selected me to be the
lead volunteer for MAIN HALL during PyCon 2014. And I can never forget the
fact that I fell sick due to food poisoning on the second day. Courtesy
[PRAWNS :P] and when I woke up I found Haris, Satya, Anuvrat standing right
next to my bed in hospital. And as Noufal pointed out in his email earlier,
it's about these small moments which you remember about the conference. Now
coming back to the point I would say let's have face to face discussion
over this put everthing on email

Aniket Maithani
www.aniketmaithani.net