[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Kumar Anirudha anirudhastark at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 22:58:04 EST 2018

First, Apologies for Top posting.
It’s been like a week since this thread started of what could have been a simple case of miscommunication and be handled swiftly and quitely.
Most of the people here, I’ve met at various editions of PyCon India. Chandan and Sayan amongst others are amongst the most cool headed guys I’ve ever met personally. What we all can agree is that we want a great PyCon India 2018. For that to happen, the only people who were working hard towards it, after their day job and everything have now withdrawn. As of now, nobody’s working for PyCon India 2018. I myself was trying to contribute and volunteer on multiple fronts with as much time as I can make for it and now have lost all interest in entirety towards it.
A lot of apologies and accusations have been made already. Please, let this thread be stopped now. This is not contributing towards anything positive and only increases hatred. I believe we’re smart enough to understand the difference.
Personally, I’d request Chandan, Sayan, Vijay and Vanitha to reconsider their decisions and resume their roles. We can have an e-meeting on Bluejeans or Zoom, led by Chandan as usual and anybody who still has problem with them leading can come up and speak out instead of wasting any more of our time.
It’s just disappointing to see all this fall apart like this.
CheersKumar Anirudha