[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Ayush Kesarwani ayush.kesarwani at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 00:06:32 EST 2018

Hi Guys,

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 9:28 AM, Kumar Anirudha via Inpycon <
inpycon at python.org> wrote:

> First, Apologies for Top posting.
>
> It’s been like a week since this thread started of what could have been a
> simple case of miscommunication and be handled swiftly and quitely.
>
> Most of the people here, I’ve met at various editions of PyCon India.
> Chandan and Sayan amongst others are amongst the most cool headed guys I’ve
> ever met personally. What we all can agree is that we want a great PyCon
> India 2018. For that to happen, the only people who were working hard
> towards it, after their day job and everything have now withdrawn. As of
> now, nobody’s working for PyCon India 2018. I myself was trying to
> contribute and volunteer on multiple fronts with as much time as I can make
> for it and now have lost all interest in entirety towards it.

There are many people with same concern. I got several messages/mail/calls
regarding the same. People were asking is this the community behave? And
having no answer to that made me worried. Think about youngster reading
this thread what are they going to learn from this? Requesting everyone to
please put an end to this argument.

> A lot of apologies and accusations have been made already. Please, let
> this thread be stopped now. This is not contributing towards anything
> positive and only increases hatred. I believe we’re smart enough to
> understand the difference.
>
> Personally, I’d request Chandan, Sayan, Vijay and Vanitha to reconsider
> their decisions and resume their roles. We can have an e-meeting on
> Bluejeans or Zoom, led by Chandan as usual and anybody who still has
> problem with them leading can come up and speak out instead of wasting any
> more of our time.

Guys please, reconsider your decision. Let's keep the spirit high again and
work on making PyCon 2018 the best one. Chandan and Sayan Bhaiya please,
lets have a meeting and discuss.

> It’s just disappointing to see all this fall apart like this.

+1

> Cheers
> Kumar Anirudha
>
> Cheers