[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

bhanuvrat at gmail.com bhanuvrat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 11:38:45 EST 2018

--
sent from android
kindly excuse typos

On 17-Jan-2018 7:13 PM, "Vanitha Shanmugam" <vani.pree at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Anuvrat,

On 14 January 2018 at 21:35, Anuvrat Parashar <anuvrat at anuvrat.in> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Vanitha Shanmugam <vani.pree at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Anuvrat,
>>
>> On 14 January 2018 at 06:54, Anuvrat Parashar <anuvrat at anuvrat.in> wrote:
>>

>>> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 11:31 PM, Vanitha Shanmugam <vani.pree at gmail.com

>>> That is not what sparked the debate. There is a higher standard expected
>>> from people who have built the community.
>>>
>>> If blogs are getting updated because a pull request was merged, thats a
>>> flaw in our process, of not having blogs flagged to be in draft mode.
>>> Blaming realslimshanky for our shortcomings does not project a good
>>> image of the community.
>>>

>> Just to make it clear, I did not blame any. In fact, we did not even
>> communicate it to realslimshanky on the chaos the merge was created since
>> it was the early stage. I agree there are ways to handle this. Still it is
>> always a good practice to wait for at least a couple of reviews and
>> approves before merging considering the pace we work with PyCon India
>> website.
>>

> No issues there.

>>> Sadly despite the community's decision, he is speaking through you. Is
>>> he too proud to apologise?
>>>

>> What makes you think that someone else was speaking through me?
>>

> timing, content and past incidents.

Your assumptions are wrong and request you to restrain from doing that with
me or anyone else in this community. Treat everybody with respect keeping
your assumptions aside. Let me reiterate, I can share my views just like
everybody else and I do not have to speak on behalf of someone else.

>> You think I cannot write a mail on my own or do not have rights to
>> clarify things here?
>>

> Yes and Yes.

Oops that came out wrong.

Amendment:

Yes you can.
And yes you do have every right.

I would like an explanation for this. I request you to be mindful of what
you speak here. On what basis did you pass this comment? If I do not have
rights to clarify things here, I would like to know the criteria on which
the rights are defined and also would like you to point me to the official
page where it is documented.

Someone is being offensive here to an individual in the same thread where
the community is talking about an offensive act. What is the community
doing about this person? I wonder why nobody raised any concern neither did
anyone point out Anuvrat on his behaviour. I would like an explanation from
the community as well.

Thanks,
Vanitha

Pardon mail etiquettes.