[Inpycon] Reckoning time

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Thu Mar 1 13:10:11 EST 2018

On Wed, Feb 21 2018, qua non wrote:

[...]

> The Python community from all around India has voiced on this mailing list,
> that they would still like to see PyCon India happen this year.
>
> Satyakaam, Rajat Saini, Sanyam Khurana, Jaidev Deshpande, Shahank Kumar,
> Piyush Aggarwal, Akash Misra(to name just a few) from last years organizing
> team have all personally voiced to me that they would like to help out as
> much as possible remotely in this regard. Not to mention the numerous of
> volunteers who already voiced here on the mailing list that they would like
> to help out. I along with the rest of them would like to raise our hands
> and offer our assistance.

This is heartening to hear. Is there someone who can take a leadership
role? It's quite obvious to me that there are volunteers who want to
pitch in but someone needs to be in the drivers seat.

It's not that this leader is some kind of powerful king but nothing
really takes place unless someone pushes things forward and steers the
whole affair.

If someone can pitch in to be the conference chair, it would go a long
way into getting the organising back on track and the whole thing moving
forward.

[...]

Thanks.

--