[Inpycon] Reckoning time

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 08:11:35 EST 2018

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 9:53 AM, Noufal Ibrahim KV <noufal at nibrahim.net.in>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>       I think it's past time we made a decision about what to do. There
> have been a few emails about a lack of response and other such matters
> and things need to be sorted out.
>
>       Unless there are atleast 2 or 3 people willing to take the lead,
> the conference is not going to happen. Volunteers for the ground work
> and other such details are present and can be mobilised but there's no
> one at the helm. This needs to be fixed. If some of the people here
> who've worked on the conference have the time and inclination to get
> into the drivers seat, please chime in. Then, we can get the whole show
> back on the road.
>
>       We can discuss details about how large the conference should be
> and other details on the list but the first thing to decide is who
> should take the lead.

IMO, before we proceed, we should address the queries and concerns raised
earlier [0]. Just moving on without actually fixing the root cause is going
to pull everything back again in future and bring the volunteers who take
their personal time to work for community down.

Note: Not answering questions break trust in the community and request
people not to consider any query as silly and ignore.

It is just my suggestion. I leave it to the community to decide when and
how they want to proceed.

[0]: https://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2018-January/011751.html