[Inpycon] Stepping down from the PyCon India 2018 core team

Atul UDUPI atuludupi at live.com
Wed Mar 7 00:20:11 EST 2018

Greetings,

I am one of the opensource passionate and Python lover.

I am a first timer  this year (2017-2018) for Pycon and wanted to learn  and contribute for Python in new regions. I am already on this job in my own way - and its a real community and purely non-commercial activities without hulla bulla.

I feel for making community successful we need  people with different mindset, transparency and real people  management & team management capabilities and should keep commercial as a byproduct and not the ONLY goal.   Arrogant, dictatorship kind of approach will fail us surely and we will not be able to build a healthy community and cannot sustain for a long time.

Kindly excuse me for my statement and I really mean it. I am unsubscribing myself  from this mailing list, because every email I receive make me feel that there is something serious issue and this is NOT what I should get into.

I am glad that I learnt this in the initial phase  and thank you for all the learning.  This whole episode helped me to think twice before getting involved with any new communities.

Good wishes to everyone.     I feel some of the senior members should sincerely drive this Aug 2018 event and make it a success.

PS:  I am not pointing fingers at anyone. Its just my general opinion  and NOT referring to  any communication/ discussion  within this mailing list.

Regards

Atul