[Inpycon] Pycon India 2018

E Manivannan elangovan.manivannan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:48:42 EDT 2018

Hi All,
       Hyderabad Python group(HydPy) is organising "Pycon Hyderabad" in the
1st weekend of October, 2018.

We have a team of volunteers who are working on upcoming conference
relentlessly & we have got in-principle agreement from 2 international
speakers to be the keynote speakers as well.
Having said that, I wanted to see a lot more enthusiasm, commitment & free
spirit from rest of the community in organising Pycon India. However I'm
disappointed with the direction it has taken so far. I was very sad when
Pycon Pune got cancelled and now Pycon India event also seems to be in
jeopardy, which is completely not acceptable to me & rest of the community.

So here is my proposal, HydPy is willing to host "Pycon India" event in
Hyderabad instead of "Pycon Hyderabad" this year.  Current HydPy volunteers
will work with rest of the volunteers across India to make this event
happen in October, 2018.  We would need some level of automnomy in running
the event - venue, food, ticket volunteer etc.

If the community agrees, Hydpy will host Pycon India 2018 otherwise you are
all welcome to join us in "Pycon Hyderabad 2018".

Regards,
Mani