[Inpycon] Pycon India 2018

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Mon Mar 12 13:14:28 EDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 12 2018, E Manivannan wrote:

[...]

> So here is my proposal, HydPy is willing to host "Pycon India" event
> in Hyderabad instead of "Pycon Hyderabad" this year.  Current HydPy
> volunteers will work with rest of the volunteers across India to make
> this event happen in October, 2018.  We would need some level of
> automnomy in running the event - venue, food, ticket volunteer etc.

[...]

I'm very much +1 on this. It addresses so many things
- Allows the event to take place at another prominent city.
- Leverages an already assembled team so that the details are taken care
  of.
- Will allow the event to go on without a break.

I'm sure there are details to work out but this is a very welcome step
forward given the limbo we were in. It would be nice if any objections
and concerns were brought up on this thread so that the team from
Hyderabad can address them satisfactorily if possible.

--
Cordially,
Noufal