[Inpycon] Pycon India 2018

satyakam goswami satyaakam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:25:16 EDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 9:18 PM, E Manivannan <elangovan.manivannan at gmail.
com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>        Hyderabad Python group(HydPy) is organising "Pycon Hyderabad" in
> the 1st weekend of October, 2018.
>
> We have a team of volunteers who are working on upcoming conference
> relentlessly & we have got in-principle agreement from 2 international
> speakers to be the keynote speakers as well.
> Having said that, I wanted to see a lot more enthusiasm, commitment & free
> spirit from rest of the community in organising Pycon India. However I'm
> disappointed with the direction it has taken so far. I was very sad when
> Pycon Pune got cancelled and now Pycon India event also seems to be in
> jeopardy, which is completely not acceptable to me & rest of the community.
>
> So here is my proposal, HydPy is willing to host "Pycon India" event in
> Hyderabad instead of "Pycon Hyderabad" this year.  Current HydPy volunteers
> will work with rest of the volunteers across India to make this event
> happen in October, 2018.  We would need some level of automnomy in running
> the event - venue, food, ticket volunteer etc.
>
> If the community agrees, Hydpy will host Pycon India 2018 otherwise you
> are all welcome to join us in "Pycon Hyderabad 2018".

​Thanks Mani for pitching in on behalf of HydPy , we are in crunch time and
need to take decisions now , Let me reiterate No matter where it happens in
Bengaluru or Hyderabad  we from PyDelhi will co​ordinate and help in making
the event a Success.

What we have

​We have the website in place ​, sponsorship doc done we still some work
with the slots and pricing.
Folks who are ready to volunteer from across India.

​What we need ​

​1. A person who can be Chair
​2. Workgroups and a Core local group
3. A venue  with main hall for around 1500-2000 Seating capacity in one
hall and separate halls around 6 in number with a capacity of 200-300
people seating
4. Internet facility for the participants ( i see ACT as a potential
sponsor they are both in Bengaluru and Hyderabad)
5. We need a call to freeze the timelines then communicate it  to the
mailing list

let me know if i missed something. I am expecting a reply to this mail with
data by Monday 19th March :-)

cheers,
-Satya
Satyaakam.net <http://satyaakam.net/> | fossevents.in |
** For all official purposes use my name as Satyakam Goswami **