[Inpycon] PyCon India 2018 | Suggestions for Keynote speakers

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 15:15:38 EDT 2018

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 12:13 AM, Ramanathan Ramakrishnamoorthy <
ramanathanhari at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> As most of you would aware,  PyCon India is happening in Hyderabad on
> October 5-9, 2018   We have one confirmed keynote speaker (Travis Oliphant)
> who we had invited as part of planning for PyCon Hyderabad.  We reached out
> to him about the change in plans, and he has confirmed his availability for
> PyCon India 2018.
>
> On the other hand, Nick Coughlan has backed due to some personal reasons.
> As part of the event, we intend to have four Keynote speakers which means
> we need to identify three more keynote speakers.
>
> We request the community to provide suggestions for Keynote speakers.
> Based on popular ask, we can reach out to the speakers requesting them to
> Keynote.

I've two suggestions, both of them are from India.

1. Sidu Ponnappa

He is not a Pythonista. Hardcore Ruby developer, organizer of RubyConf for
many years. Above all this, I believe he is very wise and experienced
developer and community builder. Those of you who were active in the
Bangalore dev circles would surely bumped into him. I believe he can bring
a rich perspective from the other size of the table.

Here is recent wise tweet from him that I really liked.
https://twitter.com/ponnappa/status/970694779150393344

2. Rushabh Mehta

Rushabh is the founder of ERPNext, an open-source ERP software used by many
people and businesses across the world. IMHO, ERPNext is the only product
business of that scale and impact built completely in India. Oh, I forgot
to say it is completely written in Python.

Rushabh is also a great community builder too. ERPNext has contributors
across the globe and the ERPNext developer conferences are run in India and
Europe.

Anand
twitter.com/ponnappa/status/970694779150393344