[Inpycon] Will be sprinting on SecureDrop project during devsprints

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 01:19:35 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

SecureDrop[0] is an open-source whistleblower submission system that media
organizations can use to securely accept documents from and communicate with
anonymous sources. It was originally created by the late Aaron Swartz and is
currently managed by Freedom of the Press Foundation.

In the modern age of Internet, keeping privacy in the online world has become
a bigger battle ground. It became an even bigger challenge for the
journalists, lawyers, and anyone else who is dealing with sensitive material.
Whistleblowing and leaking have dominated news coverage in recent years.
SecureDrop (a Python application) project provides a reasonably safe way for
the journalists to receive tips/sensitive materials from anyone, and still
safeguarding the sources and keeping the materials secured.

There will be issues on web frontend, backend (we use Flask as the web
framework), Ansible, Debian packaging, command line tools, tests,
documentation, PyQt based desktop application.

Please visit the developer documentation[1] and setup your computer before
coming to the sprints. You can see the full proposal at [2].

If you have any queries, find me during the conference.

[0] https://securedrop.org
[1] https://docs.securedrop.org/en/release-0.9/development/contributing.html
[2] https://in.pycon.org/cfp/devsprint-2018/proposals/securedrop-the-open-source-whistleblower-submission-system~eZnRe/

Kushal