[Inpycon] Congratulations Abhilash Raj

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 06:58:56 EDT 2019

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 7:56 PM Anand B Pillai
<anandpillai at letterboxes.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 August 2019 07:24 PM, Kushal Das wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Please join me to congratulate Abhilash Raj aka maxking, as he became
> > a CPython core developer.
>
> Congrats Abhilash Raj. However, wonder what is the relevance of this
> to the inpycon list ?

inpycon mailing list is about discussions related to PyCon India. PyCon India
is the leading Python conference in India, thus this list also works as the
mailing list with the highest number of Python developers in India, including
many new people.

Now, pointing out how we have a new CPython core developer, who is from India,
and he is also the lead developer of the mailing list software [1] we
are using to
have this very conversation is a very much valuable information for the
community. Especially the new folks, they need better roles models from the
upstream community to look up to (than the kind of role models who
tries to mock other
Python conferences or have a problem with people wearing t-shirts of other
programming languages or conferences).

[1] https://www.list.org/

Kushal
--
Public Interest Technologist, Freedom of the Press Foundation
CPython Core Developer