[Inpycon] Chat platform-Zulip for Pycon

Sharmila Gopirajan sharmila.gopirajan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 04:07:13 EDT 2019

I agree that sticking with an already used option is better than investing
in a new one.

We were debating between Slack (which encourages conversation but the
possibility of recovering a particular conversation after elapse of a
significant period is very low) and a StackOverflow like setup (Topic
based, high quality conversations, highly searchable but might not be
everyone's cup of tea).

One of the reasons for choosing Zulip was that it struck a nice middle
ground with chat rooms and topic based conversations and good searchability.

How does Discord fair regarding that?

Regards,
Sharmi