[Inpycon] PyCon India 2019 Sponsorship Slabs - draft

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Tue Mar 12 09:41:47 EDT 2019

On Tuesday 12 March 2019 04:29 PM, Kushal Das wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 10:04 AM Senthil Kumaran S <stylesen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I request everyone to go through the draft Sponsorship Slabs
>> given below and comment / voice your views to finalize it. Once
>> finalized we ll publish the same on inpycon website and prepare the
>> detailed sponsorship prospectus.
>>
> Why do we have speaking option for all the sponsors? Are going to have a
> sponsored talk track and will it be clearly marked so that the participants
> understand that these are *sponsored* talks?

Hi Kushal,
As indicated in the draft, only Platinum sponsors get a *talk slot*,
Gold sponsors get only a *lightning talk slot*, Silver sponsors get an
*openspace slot*, and associate sponsors get a *poster presentation
slot*. We will ensure that schedules and listings published indicate the
sponsored nature of the slot.

We hope these slots will help sponsors better engage with the audience.
The openspace slot and poster presentation slot, is something that we
are introducing this year. Both add benefits to the sponsors without
taking away time from the conference schedule, because both openspaces
and posters can be scaled spatially.

We had first hand experience with doing sponsored posters, at PySangamam
2018. It was well received by both the sponsors and the audience. The
sponsored posters will be especially useful for small startups who want
do an associate sponsor, and we hope it will to a certain extent solve
the problem indicated by Anand in
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2018-April/012000.html

Hope I have been able to put forward the reasoning behind the sponsored
slots. If you still have concerns, do let us know.

Regards,
Vijay