[Inpycon] CFP announcement - request for feedback

Chaitanya Tejaswi aeronfinium at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 05:29:12 EDT 2019

On Mar 30, 2019 10:46 PM, "Abhishek Yadav" <zerothabhishek at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello friends,

We're almost ready for the CFP announcement, and thought it would be a good
idea to get the community's feedback on the communication. Please have a
look here: https://in.pycon.org/2019/cfp.html

The document contains quite a few policy related details, while most of it
is about the process itself. We're planning to use this it outside the
programming community as well, so the language is bit generic.

Please share you thoughts and questions.
Regards,
Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,
    Thanks for the link. It's some good material to work with!
    I'm sharing my views about it. I hope they don't seem overly critical
to you.
* The language used for the 'What to Propose' section can be refined.
* The content under 'Diversity' can be omitted. While the heading seems to
refer diversity in terms of people from different walks of life who use
Python, it discusses something else instead.
I have an idea for content on the same, and I'm putting it out below:
"We're dedicated to exploring all the different ways you have been using
Python for your work or recreation. We'd like to see more participation
from someone who's not a professional developer, but occasionally likes to
do the dirty job of fixing that software bug that causes her laptop's fans
to go berserk (with all the heat) or writing an alarm that reprimands him
whenever he gets sidetracked, watching funny cat videos on YouTube,
end-to-end; all using the might of Python!"

I agree with Abhijit's views, particularly on diversity & project proposal.
He has made some fine points.

Cheers!