[Inpycon] Do you need Child Care in PyCon India 2019?

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Tue May 28 03:52:11 EDT 2019

On Tuesday 28 May 2019 12:45 PM, Anand Chitipothu wrote:

> IMHO, PyCon India *should* provide childcare as part of the
> conference. I don't think waiting for a signal from participants to
> make a decision is a good idea. You may use the signal to plan the
> logistics.

Hi Anand,
Thanks for the inputs. Our objective is to understand the effectiveness
of the childcare option. As far as I understand, there have been very
few or no takers in the previous years, please correct me, if I am wrong.

There can be various factors, that could result in this. One for example
could be, people are not willing to leave their kids within some unknown
XYZ person at the conference venue. We just want to understand this
better, and see if we could come up with alternate options.

> You are basically asking people who have already made their mind to
> attend the conference if they want to opt for childcare. The more
> important thing is can you convince someone who has not made her/his
> mind to attend because she/he has to look after their kids?

This is exactly what we want to do, as well. We just want to ensure that
the childcare, will be a convincing option.

Regards,
Vijay