[Inpycon] Proposal for PyCon India 2020 in Bangalore, India

Pradyun Gedam pradyunsg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 13:14:59 EST 2020

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 12:29 PM Ritesh Agrawal <udr.ritesh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> This is Ritesh from BangPypers.
>
> Few pythonistas in Bangalore, notably from BangPypers, PyLadies Bangalore
> and people from past PyCon India organising team have gathered to pull off
> PyCon India 2020 at Bangalore.

This is great news! ^>^

> Below is the tentative event details:
>
> Format 1 (5 days)
>
>    -
>
>    2 days conference
>    -
>
>    1 day workshop
>    -
>
>    2 days dev sprints
>
> Format 2 (4 days):
>
>    -
>
>    2 days conference
>    -
>
>    1 day (workshop (first half), dev sprint (full day))
>    -
>
>    1 day (dev sprints continue (full day))

I suggest conducting the workshops prior to the conference (i.e. 1 day
workshops, 2 days conference, 2 days sprints), with PyCon US acting as
precedence for this "schedule structure". The conference would then happen
over-the-weekend and workshops + devsprints would happen on weekdays, on
either side of the conference.

Pradyun