[Inpycon] Keynote Speaker Suggestions for PyCon India 2020

Rahul Jha rahul722j at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 07:46:35 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 at 16:44, Ananya Maiti <ananyoevo at gmail.com> wrote:
> As indicated in the CFP MoM, we will have 4 keynote speakers. Please
> send in your keynote speaker suggestion to the mailing list. Please
> send in one keynote speaker suggestion per mail, containing a brief
> description of the speaker or Speaker Bio-Link. If you like a speaker
> suggestion, use +1 style voting to indicate a preference for a
> particular keynote speaker.

I propose Florian Bruhin (aka The-Compiler)[0] due to his significant
contributions to the Python community, mainly in the form of
qutebrowser[1], which is a cross-platform web browser with vim-style
key bindings and a minimal GUI written in Python using PyQt - for
which he also received a CH Open Source award in 2016[2]. He is also a
long term contributor and maintainer for pytest and has done
significant work in the development of PySide. Apart from his
in-numerous contributions to the Free and Libre Open Source Software,
he has also mentored many people, in his personal capability, as well
as through the means of various open source programs, like Google
Summer of Code, Rails Girls Summer of Code, etc and otherwise.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Rahul

[0]: https://bruhin.software/
[1]: https://qutebrowser.org/
[2]: http://www.pro-linux.de/news/1/24116/ch-open-source-awards-2016-vergeben.html

--
https://rj722.github.io

Department of Electronics Engineering
Zakir Husain College of Engineering & Technology
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh - 202002

GPG Fingerprint: C984 E9A2 D2E3 E581 4F3E  DB1E DD53 53EC 154B 6811