[Inpycon] PyCon India 2020 CFP Workgroup Meet MoM - March 9th

Anuvrat Parashar anuvrat at anuvrat.in
Mon Mar 9 15:42:55 EDT 2020

Kumar Anirudha writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> We had our initial discussion on talks sessions this year with regards to
> PyCon India 2020[1].
>
> Here's a brief around the discussed topics (MOM) from today's call.
>
>    - CFP starts *March 12th 2020*.
>    - There will *3 parallel talk tracks*.
>    - Talk duration is *30 mins* (25 mins for the talk, 5 mins - Q&A).
>    - CFP closes on *1st July 2020.*
>    - Schedule shall be released on *15th August 2020.*
>    - Talks will be presented on *October 2nd and 3rd 2020.*
>    - There will be rehearsals for the talks selected post schedule release.
>    - There will be *4 keynote speakers*, each day starting and ending with
>    a keynote talk.
>    - Keynotes are 1 hour duration each.
>    - There will 2 small breaks (morning and evening) of 20-30 minutes each
>    and 1 lunch break for 1 hour.
>    - Workshop CFP dates follow same as talks CFP and will also start on
>    March 12th.
>    - Workshop will carried on *October 4th 2020* in 2 slots, morning and
>    afternoon.
>    - Open Space sessions and lightening talks will be on as required basis
>    and will be decided closer or during the event.
>
> If you've any thoughts or suggestions around the discussion above, feel
> free to share your views.

A few members of the community have requested for an advanced track.

Anything from stories of firefighting to scaling infrastructure on a war
footing.

Folks who have been in the industry for half a decade or more, and not as
emotionally invested with community as the organizers do not find much
to take away from the conference.

My two cents.

Cheers
--