[Inpycon] PyCon India 2020: The Platform

Sayan Chowdhury gmail at yudocaa.in
Sat Sep 5 10:22:57 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

PyCon India 2020 edition would be happening online and of of the
biggest challenges the team faced was the platform. We've looked a lot
of conference tools, ideas, and way to make the event an amazing one.
The main goal in front of us to make the event as interactive as
possible and as close to the offline version as possible

The team after much review and thought has decided to go with the
platform, Hopin[1].

Hopin
-----
Hopin is an all-in-one virtual platform, where the primary mode of
interaction is audio-video or chat. Over the last few months, a lot of
conferences has been organized on the platform and scale at which they
are operating is amazing.

The platform provides with Stages[2], to present keynotes and talks.
Session area for our open spaces, hallways, and any other impromptu
sessions that need to be created.

It also has an Expo area for the sponsors to interact with the
participants, where they can accommodate their mini session. The
booths in the Expo are very much like the one in the offline setting.

Networking is a good part of Hopin, where you can either do a 1x1
random matching session with folks, or folks can create their private
session to replicate the group discussion.

Last two things to point is, documentation and support. Documentation
of the platform is quite in-depth.

BangPypers Talks - Road to PyCon India 2020
The Hopin Platform was finalized a couple of days back, but today the
BangPypers team hosted the meetup on the platform.

The event was a smooth sailing other a couple of initial hiccups. The
event had 4 talks, which went smoothly. A big thanks to the BangPypers
team.

---

Tickets
-------
The PyCon India 2020 tickets are open but we are selling out fast. So,
if you haven't booked the tickets, please head over to the website and
get your tickets.

We need your help
--------------------
This year, we've been very highly active on Zulip[2]. As we move
closer to the event, we would like your support and help to make this
happen successfully. We have ample work where we need a volunteer, so
please join us on Zulip and ping on the main channel.

Sponsorship
------------
The Call for Sponsors[3] is open, and we've some good packages with
amazing benefits. You can visit the sponsorship page or write to us at
sponsor at in.pycon.org, and we will revert.

Please retweet the ticket announcement to that it reaches more in the community.
https://twitter.com/pyconindia/status/1298222867935444992

[1] https://hopin.to/
[2] https://pyconindia.zulipchat.com/
[3] https://in.pycon.org/2020/sponsorship/