[Inpycon] [THREAD] PyCon India Weekly Update - Week 7

Sukanya Mandal sukanyamandal06 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 11:36:37 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,

>From this week on we started on our efforts for the Diversity and Inclusion
(D&I) Work Group.

We discussed a few possible types of events that could be hosted under D&I
initiative. Here is a list of draft suggestions so far -

   1. Experience sharing sessions. Here is what we did last year [1]
   2. Panel discussions (topics are yet to be decided; but mostly on
   non-tech topics; could be an extension of the above experience sharing
   sessions)
   3. PyLadies (bring your own) Lunch; we are evaluating if this is
   possible for both days.
   4. Virtual happy hour - on the second day of the conference with women
   and people from other diverse communities.
   5. Women in STEM; Technical Workshops (both hardware and software) for
   college and school (possibly) students.
   6. Conducting a week long competitions / hackathons for diverse
   communities in STEM

Blockers
- None

If you would like to help us in this initiative, please join us on zulip
here <https://pyconindia.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/247766-wg.2Fdiversity>.
Our next meet is on Tuesday (13th Apr) at 7:30 p.m., and will post the
meeting link on the zulip channel.

Please note: The above events list are just a draft as of now. The final
outcome would vary.

[1] https://bit.ly/PyConIndia20_DiversityAndInclusion

Regards,
Sukanya Mandal.