[Ipss] AGM at PyCon

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah sree at mahiti.org
Mon Aug 2 10:01:30 CEST 2010

On 2 August 2010 11:13, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at thenilgiris.com> wrote:

> On Monday, August 02, 2010 09:58:36 am Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> > How long does an AGM last?
> >
> > The reason I ask is that during the event, a lot of tiny things come up
> > which might require our attention and we might not be able to have a
> > decent meeting.
>
> if there is no contest for elections we can finish in even 15-30 minutes.
> Otherwise it may take a little more time

In Plone foundation, including  election results announcement and
facilitation of new board meeting lasts one hour.
Generally, the previous year's narrative and financial reports are presented
and members ask their queries based on prior approval of the chair.

It should not take more than half an hour for us. While sending out the
invitation for AGM, lets gather any queries, build the discussion agenda,
and discuss this virtually in the list. Discussions can then be formalised
during AGM.
- sree

> --

regards