[Ipss] membership enrollment

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Mon Aug 16 13:33:22 CEST 2010

hi,

now that we are going to hold our first AGM, we need to enroll some
members. I think if we get about a 100 members, that will give us enough
funds to run the society - especially to handle the paperwork which is a
huge PITA. As mentioned before, we will need to get some retired person
to work part time for this kind of thing (running after lawyers,
accountants and registrars).

I have made a very simple site to get applications and process them. I
will put it online shortly and request committee members to enroll, in
the process of doing so, work out any bugs there may be. Since we have
to follow the law, there are some procedural formalities that cannot be
avoided.

The process is:
1. applicant registers
2. logs in and fills in the application form
3. committe members vote on this - 3-4 votes will be enough
4. if there is no negative vote, the member is admitted and an invoice
generated.
5. he pays into the bank and enters his payment details
6. details are checked and the invoice is marked as paid.

if there is a negative vote - this will have to be discussed and
resolved. I do not forsee many of these.

the only important thing is that committee members have to spare a few
minutes to read the application and vote on it. I hope you people will
take the trouble. I will give the url as soon as the site is live.
--
regards
KG