[Ipss] membership enrollment

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Wed Aug 18 01:20:36 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 17:03 +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> The process is:
> 1. applicant registers
> 2. logs in and fills in the application form
> 3. committe members vote on this - 3-4 votes will be enough
> 4. if there is no negative vote, the member is admitted and an invoice
> generated.
> 5. he pays into the bank and enters his payment details
> 6. details are checked and the invoice is marked as paid.

ok, 7 people have managed to apply and the emails seem to be generated
ok. People have not noticed the 'add city' and 'add occupation' links -
I have added some help text for that. I have managed to pay my
subscription and mark as paid also. In the absence of any serious
objections, I propose to publicise this. Why the hurry? Once notice for
the AGM is issued, we cannot enroll members until after the AGM - so we
just have a week or two to get enough members so that we do not look
like a bunch clueless dorks at the AGM. As already mentioned, the long
term target is 100 members, but we need to get 20-30 now before the AGM.
A few corporate memberships would not hurt either.

Of course the look and feel of the site is not up to the mark. I am sure
that with the wealth of design talent we have, this can be remedied at
the earliest - but this is not a show stopper, and any work on this
should not affect the preparations for the conference.

Most of the people who would apply are known, so I will go ahead and
accept their applications - in the case of people I have not heard of, I
will wait for a few votes from committee members. In the case of
negative votes - the matter will be discussed offlist and resolved.
--
regards
KG