[Ipss] Bank accounts and invoices

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Sat Jul 3 01:27:10 CEST 2010

On Friday 02 July 2010 17:19:18 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> >  Since we are a society, we should refrain from issuing invoice.
> > Instead we should be giving a receipt of donation. My personal
> > thought.
>
> [...]
>
> I don't know what the real difference is.
>
> They require some kind of formal letter for their records. Whatever we
> can give.

you need a receipt signed and sealed. Please make a seal - I made two, but I
am not in Ooty at present so cannot send that. The seal should be like so:

INDIAN PYTHON SOFTWARE SOCIETY
Regn 50/2010
Blackwood, Ootacamund 643001

print out the receipt, sign and seal it, scan it in and send it. Should be
signed by secretary or treasurer.

'Received with thanks a cheque no _____ dated ______ to sponsorship for Pycon
India 2010 for rupees _______________ only

Bangalore