[Ipss] Bank account

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 08:51:13 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay. We're in a bit of a crisis situation now.
>
> I've been fielding a few calls from the sponsors over the past few
> days. One (ZeOmega) has issued a cheque which we've not been able to
> cash yet.
>
> The other (TANDBERG) pinged me about when I'm going to pick up their
> cheque.
>
> Since we don't have the account, I can't do either of these and this
> will jeopardise the conference.
>
> What's the deal with the bank account? Much as everyone hates deadlines,
> that's what we need. We have to have a hard date to get the account and
> do what's necessary to get it by then. Call the bank, whatever.
>
> If it's not ready by then, we have to go back to some NGO or something
> and try to use their account.
>
> We have to factor these both in and give a date to the sponsors (latest
> by so and so).
>
> What do we do?

 We have to get the bank account ASAP. This has been going on
 for nearly 3 months now if I am correct due to some or the other
 delay or documents problem. Kenneth, can you give an exact
 date in which we can expect the bank account, beyond which
 it won't get delayed ?

 If this is not possible, we need to consider other options
 immediately.

> --

--Anand