[Ipss] Bank account

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Mon Jul 26 07:39:47 CEST 2010

On Friday, July 23, 2010 12:21:13 pm Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:
> > What do we do?
>
>  We have to get the bank account ASAP. This has been going on
>  for nearly 3 months now if I am correct due to some or the other
>  delay or documents problem. Kenneth, can you give an exact
>  date in which we can expect the bank account, beyond which
>  it won't get delayed ?
>
>  If this is not possible, we need to consider other options
>  immediately.

I understand all the anxiety here - believe me, I share it. There has been a
huge ego clash - a 'know it all' auditor in Mumbai on one side and a moron who
has taken over as registrar on the other side. And a bank manager who kept
giving me false information. Anyway I went to the bank today and they showed
me on their screen the tracking information that shows that the account has
been opened and is pending issuance of number and cheque book - the tracking
sheet gives a deadline of today for issuance of the number. This time I have
seen it with my own eyes, so I can state that this has really happened. I
chose axis bank because they used to give the local people a lot of autonomy.
Looks like that has changed - Noufal and Sree will testify to the difficulty
they had in getting their signatures attested.
--
regards
kg