[Ipss] bounties

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Tue Sep 28 08:48:03 CEST 2010

hi,

The AGM resolved to spend some of the surplus funds we have on bounties
for student projects. I suggest announcing 4 bounties of 25K each. We
need guidelines for the above and I would request Anand B to take the
lead for this. Some issues:

how do we define a student? Looking at GSOC, their definition is a bit
too broad. I know a guy in his late thirties who was enrolled for his
Phd who took one of the scholarships. I would suggest that we restrict
it to undergraduates doing a full time course.

do we restrict the bounties to student projects - or to any contribution
to open source by the student (goes without saying that in either case
the contribution has to be to or in python)

do we insist that the contribution be in a public repository from the
word go - or do we allow a last minute dump of all the code in the
repository. In the second case, it is impossible to keep track of who
wrote the code and of the process of development.

thoughts?
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves