[Ipss] corporate sponsorship [was] Re: Fwd: NCR-Python Meeting on 27th March

satyaakam goswami satyaakam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 00:43:17 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 6:08 PM, ॥ स्वक्ष ॥ <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:

> changed $subject to reflect the discussion.
>
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:03, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 15:00 +0530, satyaakam goswami wrote:
> >> 1) Why IPSS membership.
> >> 2) How being a IPSS member is helpful to corporates.
> >
> > the official language of Google is python, the backend of facebook runs
> > on python (find about 50 other examples), the cutting edge web companies
> > are moving away from java and mainly into python. These companies have a
> > huge demand for python programmers (refer fossjobs.in). So companies in
> > this sphere have a vested interest in the growth of python resources in
> > India - IPSS is working on that blah blah blah

Yes this is something which is good for people who do not know about Python,
i am talking about companies who are well educated and try to make some
business sense using Python , i am more interested in dealing with them for
membership.

we are talking about membership drive and this cannot happen without
advocacy , i was looking at
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonAdvocacyCoordinator where in it is more of
technical in nature , what we are dealing here is more of educational in
nature where in we need to pass on the message saying IPSS is here to serve
your interest in blah blah blah way , so being a member it always helps.

of course all this cannot be thought without Advocacy .i am looking for an
approach which will be holistic enough but should be separable from other
and goal driven .

1) Advocacy : meetings , conferences, talks ....

2) Membership Drive : This is an action item  which will happen along with
 item 1 .

Satyaakam, You may want to take a look at this page for ideas :
> http://www.python.org/psf/sponsorship/

this link is good right now our focus is on membership.

-Satya