[Ipss] PyCon US talk sponsorships

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 15:15:27 CEST 2011

>> I suggest running small events like python coding contests, connect
>> mentors and students to do their project in Python etc.
>>
>  We want to get from a stage of such abstract thoughts to more
>  concrete proposals. Please propose something solid enough
>  so that we can take and run with it within the next 6-8 months.
>
> PSF has a Python sprints program but the amounts are not
> large enough to be appealing. Also we do have this issue with
> foreign funds, so I would rather get something running here
> separately than tie up with programs that need overseas funding.

I think we need more motivation than money to do stuff like this.

I'm very interested in connecting the students and mentors in local
python community. IPSS can create a platform where mentors can submit
project ideas and students can pick them and work with the mentor to
solve them. Students get the experience of  working with real projects
and mentors get  some help with their projects.

We can create a platform for running public Python trainings. I might
be worth charging a nominal to fee to keep the noise away. IPSS can
take care of groundwork, so that the trainer can concentrate of the
content.

Anand