[Ipss] PyCon US talk sponsorships

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 15:21:21 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 08:00, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
> PSF has a Python sprints program but the amounts are not
> large enough to be appealing. Also we do have this issue with
> foreign funds, so I would rather get something running here
> separately than tie up with programs that need overseas funding.

Since the PSF Sprints committee is mostly US-based, I believe we set
the funding amount based on an estimate of what groups around our area
would need. It also depends on how many people you have, as a 5 person
event is going to use less than the $300 USD, but once you get 25+
people, it's only partial help.

Do you have an estimate of what you think a sprint in your area would cost?