[Ipss] Indian Python Society Awesome

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah sree at mahiti.org
Sat Aug 4 01:32:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 3 August 2012 22:40, Smaran Harihar <smaran.harihar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Indians,
>
> I did not know that there was a Indian Python Society. This is so cool.
>
> I went onto the home page and there were some details on the membership
> and fees. I wanted to know what is that for?

We are legally bound to have membership as a society. And membership has a
shelf life and requires renewal.
We need IPSS (a non-profit society) to financially manage Python events (as
of now only PyCon India) and  other activities around python.
And we need some money to maintain the society as per government rules and
regulations including mandatory filings and audits.
Hence the fees.
- sree

> --
> Thanks & Regards