[IPython-dev] RE: Refactoring of bdist_wininst (PATCH)

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Thu Apr 17 11:01:30 EDT 2003

Cory Dodt wrote:
> Distutils 1.0.3 is not included with Python 2.2 :-).  You either have to
> get it from Distutils CVS or from Python 2.3.  Either one of those
> should give you the --install-script option.

Well, then they need to fix their version strings:

Python 2.2.1 (#1, Aug 30 2002, 12:15:30)

IPython 0.2.15pre4 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?       -> Introduction to IPython's features.
@magic  -> Information about IPython's 'magic' @ functions.
help    -> Python's own help system.

In [1]: import distutils

In [2]: distutils.__version__
Out[2]: '1.0.3'

At any rate, I beleive you that the install-script option is _not_ in the
distutils which comes with python 2.2.1, whatever version it is.  So I'll go
fetch out the CVS code and see how it goes.

Thanks for the info.