[IPython-dev] A patch to fix filename completion on Windows

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Thu May 22 17:16:47 EDT 2003

Gary Bishop wrote:
> OK, sorry for the first one. Here is another try. I think this one

Just put in CVS, it looks ok  (and the return [] bugfix was definitely
needed).  Thanks.

ps.  I just committed another fix which is essentially the sys.excepthook work
you'd done, but at startup time.  It turns out that if files given on the
command line tap into sys.excepthook directly, we get similar behavior as what
you were seeing with WxWindows.

Kasper reported exactly this today with PyQt.  If it weren't because of having
worked on this issue with you a few days ago, I would have NEVER figured out
what was going on (in the command-line case, the crash report looks even weirder).

So thanks to your previous work, this buglet (it doesn't really crash ipython,
but it's annoying) was solved in minutes.  Thanks!

I've opened 0.4.1-cvs and will keep it going like that until either:

- we accumulate enough stuff to warrant putting 0.1 out

OR

- a CRITICAL fix comes in

So keep working on the Windows stuff and sending patches my way :)

Cheers,

f.