[IPython-dev] Making docs and installing from CVS.

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Fri May 23 17:58:38 EDT 2003

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got IPython off CVS and when installing it the docs are not
> installed properly.  So the question is how does one build the docs
> and get a complete install?  If its a little too complex its OK, I'll
> just download the release.

It's not too complex, but you'd need a script called lyxport I wrote a while
back.  That's b/c I keep the sources in lyx, and the html/pdf are built from
there.

lyxport is at:  http://www-hep.colorado.edu/~fperez/lyxport

I also use a few other scripts to build everything, but those are included in
the CVS sources.

Basically, you can do the build by grabbing the tools/release shell script and
commenting out the lines (at the end) which upload the released files to
scipy.org.  It will do everything for you, leaving a built rpm/tgz file in
ipython/dist.

Or, grab the docs from my release tarballs :)

Cheers,

f.