[IPython-dev] readline on windows (again)

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Wed Nov 19 18:21:56 EST 2003

Mathew Yeates wrote:
> Are there instructions for getting PyReadline to work with IPython? I
> get the error saying python15.dll was not found.  Looking through the
> archives I found some instructions for creating libreadline.a using
> dlltool. What the heck is that?
>
> Are there simple instructions somewhere?

Sorry but I don't have any idea, not using Windows myself.  I suspect you'd
need to recompile against your current version of python, I imagine the error
you saw means that was built against python 1.5.  This is a question for a
user with good Windows experience, and that's not me, sorry.

Regards,

f.