[IPython-dev] bug report: dreload not working with 'from module import'

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Wed Sep 24 17:18:58 EDT 2003

Ralf Schmitt wrote:

> When using deep_reload.py from IPython 0.4.0 and an otherwise unchanged
> cvs version, the above dreload seems to work..diff's between those 2
> files aren't that big :)

Does this mean that the dreload() from 0.4.0 works ok for you?  As it turns
out, those changes in dreload were necessary to fix another bug reported
earlier on the list.

The dreload code is really tricky, and unfortunately it has almost no
comments.  Since I didn't originally write it, fixing anything in there is
like pulling teeth :)  I'll try to see if I can find a way to fix both your
newly reported problem while not breaking the previous fix.  Fun...

> On to another bug:

[snip]

> Seems like FakeModule is missing a __repr__ method. Here's a 2 line diff:

Thanks!  Applied, will go to CVS in a few minutes.

Regards,

f.