[IPython-dev] minor ipython.el news

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmx.net
Thu Apr 29 15:53:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

After promising to look into the problems with CVS python-mode and my original
patch, I've lapsed into long silence -- sorry about that but I've first
discovered that I couldn't quickly determine the problem and then I
unfortunately fell ill for several weeks and have been really busy ever since
(so unless someone else has the time to work out how the new python.el screws
up C- -, don't expect a new patch any time soon; the original one I submitted
unfortunately didn't receive any attention and since the old python.el works
OK for me, I don't really have some spare hours to sacrifice for writing a
patch that might be ignored again; also other than breaking py-up-exception
etc. there seem to be no problems in applying the patch to the CVS
python-mode.el).

I have however recently discovered in an email exchange with a ipytho/emacs
user that the version of ipython.el in ipython-emacs.tgz is older than the one
I use myself (I've made some slight improvements to the traceback regexp and
added some dirtrack stuff, which might actually be redundant).

Anyway, here is the newest version: